Frequently Asked Questions
You can return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund, as noted below:
- To initiate a return, log into your account and obtain a Return number.
- You can only initiate a return after an order has been marked as shipped.
- The refund will be for the full value of the returned items, unless otherwise noted.
- Shipping and handling fees will not be refunded.
- Credit for returned items will be applied to the credit method that was used to make the purchase. Returns will be applied to the purchasing credit card within 10 days of the date that the return is accepted by the fulfiller.
- If a restocking fee will apply to returned items, the amount of the fee is displayed on the final checkout screen when you complete the order and is noted on the packing list included with the order.
- If the return is due to defective products, inaccurate product descriptions, or an incorrect order, contact the Service Provider to initiate the return. In these cases, you may be compensated for the return shipping.
All prices, pictures, and descriptions on this website are subject to change. We maintain no responsibility for inadvertent errors. Please contact us within 30 days regarding price or promotion discrepancies. When you place your order with us, you agree to the price and terms indicated on this website. Price differences related to future or past prices in our store or any other store are not refundable.
Prices and availability of products are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where and when discovered. Riccar reserves the right to revoke any stated offer, cancel orders, and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions in any stated offer or price, including after an order has been submitted and whether or not the order has been confirmed and your payment processed.
If your payment has already been processed for the purchase when your order is cancelled, Riccar will issue a credit to the payment method used in the amount of the charge. Individual bank policies will dictate when this amount is credited to your account.
If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return it in accordance with Riccar's Return Policy.
As soon as the fulfiller receives and processes your return, We will notify you via email. Your credit card should be credited within 10 business days of the time that you receive this email. The return credit should be reflected on your statement within one or two billing periods, depending on your financial institution's billing cycle.
A defective item is one that is inoperable but has no apparent damage. If you receive defective merchandise, please contact Service Provider for assistance.
If an order arrives to you with obvious shipping damage, please refuse the delivery. If you have accepted delivery and then find shipping damage, please call the fulfiller immediately using the contact information included with the order.
Please save all packaging material and paperwork for the order if shipping damage is a possible issue. If you dispose of packaging material or attempt to return the merchandise without contacting the fulfiller, you will not receive credit for the return.
Got a question you don't see answered here? Visit this link, and click the Billing, Order or Product category: https://kibo.force.com/consumersupport/s/?language=en_US. If you can't find the answer there, scroll to the bottom and click the yellow CONTACT SUPPORT button. Fill out a short form with your issue and contact information. Our order fulfillment service will help you resolve the issue or answer your question.
Changed your mind? If you aren't delighted with your purchase, you can return a product within 30 days and we will happily refund the purchase price. It's easy to return a product:
- Log into your account to initiate a return.
- We email you instructions for returning your product.
- Ship your unused product, in its original packaging, to the address identified in our email.
- Original delivery fees are refunded only if returns are for defective products, products that were not described accurately, or incorrect orders.
- You are responsible for shipping the products back to Us. We recommend using a trackable shipping method.
- Individual products may be excluded from this guarantee. Check the product description before you place your order.
Riccar uses a third party shopping service called Shopatron to order from our website. When you order and pay online, this service ensures that you receive your products as soon as possible.
Shopatron typically accepts payment by Visa, American Express, and Discover. The payment methods for our store are listed when you check out.
COD orders are not accepted.
Shopatron does not accept credit card numbers delivered by email. You should never send credit card numbers by email, as this is not a secure practice.
Tax will be applied to your order if it is delivered from the same state or province as your shipping address. Some areas require tax to be assessed on shipping and handling charges. We don't know the fulfillment location until after you place your order, so your checkout screen and order confirmation email may not include taxes or will provide only an estimate until your order is shipped.
Our store only accepts online orders. Orders cannot be placed by telephone, postal mail, email or fax.
If you have issues using this website, your web browser might be outdated. We recommend using a recent version of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
We take special care to protect the safety and privacy of little ones. In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), We do not knowingly provide our service to people under the age of 13. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 13.
We strongly urge parents and guardians to participate in their children's online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children's access to the web.
Our secure server software (SSL) is the industry standard and is among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that the information cannot be read as it travels over the Internet. We use industry-standard practices, such as encrypted storage and password protection systems, to safeguard the confidentiality of your information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while We strive to protect your contact information, We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from Our websites, and you do so at your own risk.
Riccar only ships within the United States of America excluding the regions: Armed Forces Africa, Armed Forces Canada, Armed Forces Europe, Armed Forces Middle East, Armed Forces Pacific, Marshall Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands.
Riccar Japan sold microwave ovens until the early 1990s. We still hear of people who've had our microwaves for up to 30 years, but we no longer carry repair parts for these appliances. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Riccar no longer sells sewing machines. Please visit any reputable sewing machine repair shop near you, and they should be able to order replacement parts, if they're still available, from their supplier.
On this website, we only offer new vacuum cleaners and consumable items such as bags, belts, filters, accessories and cleaning supplies. For all other replacement parts, please visit your local retailer who can order the part for you if they do not already have it in stock. Many of our retailers stock an extensive selection of replacement parts to get your vacuum back up and running quickly.
You have two ways to buy Riccar bags and other replacement items. Either way you choose, you're supporting your independently owned local Riccar retailer.
- Find the Riccar retailer near you. Call or visit their store to buy what you need, and there you may be able to see the newest Riccar products, receive product demonstrations and obtain expert cleaning advice and maintenance tips.
- Buy from this website. When you place your order, a Riccar retailer fills the order. Although not all Riccar retailers participate in our order fulfillment program, many do, and they're happy to serve you.
You go to the product page for your vacuum and download the owner's manual. Or if you have an older machine, go to our Customer Support menu, click Owner’s Manuals for a full list of downloadable manuals. If you’re unsure which model you own, check the rating label on your vacuum, which you'll typically find on the bottom of your canister vacuum or on the back of your upright vacuum. If you don’t see your vacuum model listed, send us a message.
Your vacuum owner’s manual has a troubleshooting page, which is the best place to start. Always unplug your vacuum before examining it. Check for clogs in the hose, and check your bag, which might be full. If the brushroll isn’t turning, check the belt and replace it if necessary. If the motor won't turn on, you may be able to reset it, if your vacuum has a thermal motor reset button (see your owner's manual for details). If you have a Radiance or Briliance Tandem Air vacuum, be sure you have the TOOLS ON/OFF dial in the correct position for carpet cleaning. You should also be sure your electrical outlet is working and hasn’t been tripped. If all else fails, call or take your vacuum to the nearest Riccar retailer for repair.
Every vacuum is a little different, but for the most part, these are the things you need to do regularly to keep your vacuum picking up at its best.
- Vacuum frequently.
- Change your vacuum bag regularly. When your bag is more than two-thirds full, it reduces your vacuum's ability to clean. Plus, a completely full bag could clog the hose.
- Use and replace charcoal or granulated charcoal filters to help control odors. Riccar vacuums are designed with the charcoal filters inside the dust compartment where the odors collect and stew, not outside the machine like most other vacuums.
- Replace HEPA media filters as recommended by your owner's manual. As a general guideline, replace filters after every 12 vacuum bag changes or at least once a year.
- Check your brushroll regularly. Remove long hairs and threads using a seam ripper or small scissors. If your brushes are getting worn, visit your local Riccar retailer to replace the brush strips.
- Check and replace your belt as needed. You may need to replace it annually or more often if you vacuum frequently or use the vacuum commercially. If you have a lifetime belt, keep up with your Red Carpet Service plan checkups so your belt can be inspected and replaced as needed.
- If you own a bagless machine, empty and clean the dust bin frequently.
The warning is to comply with California state law and is based on the list of chemicals identified by the State of California in Proposition 65 regulations. California Proposition 65 is known as The Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. Even chemicals used within the limits of national regulations and found not hazardous in the quantities associated with the product may require a warning just because the chemical is present. Information about Proposition 65 is available on the website of the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) maintained by the State of California. For more information, visit their website. Riccar evaluates all chemicals associated with the products that we manufacture and complies with all regulations associated with the chemicals. All potential chemical exposures are below accepted and regulated concentrations. We provide the warning because a chemical covered by the California Proposition 65 may be present, and not all listed chemicals provide exposure limit requirements. This is why we have provided the warning when a listed chemical is present.
At this time, we do not offer discounts for vacuums or parts sold online. However, your local authorized Riccar dealer may offer discounts, special promotions, vacuum bundles or even a trade-in program. We support our retailers’ in-store sales efforts and encourage you to buy locally, not just so you can get the vacuum that best suits you, your home and your lifestyle, but also so you leave the store with an assembled product, with any customized features installed just for you, and with expert guidance on how to operate, maintain and store the vacuum.
Riccar Vibrance clean air vacuum models work so well that they’re recommended by Shaw Floors for cleaning the Caress brand carpeting. The Vibrance vacuums feature a floating brushroll that automatically adjusts to carpet height, so it’s ideal for high pile and ultra-soft carpet fibers. The SupraLite ultra lightweight vacuums can be customized with a soft carpet bottom plate that works well for soft carpet. Many other Riccar models also will work well. Look for one with an ultra-high carpet height adjustment feature. Visit your local Riccar retailer to try out a few options in the store.
You may already know that our 1-888-6-RICCAR phone number connects you to your nearest retailer based on the prefix of the phone from where you're calling. We also know that sometimes you just want to talk directly to us, and we're happy to hear from you. The best way to contact us is by sending us an email. Include your phone number if you'd like us to call you back. We're here Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. till 5 p.m. Central time, so if you don't get an immediate response, we're probably at home with our families. In the event you are having a specific issue with an order, please contact our order management service at 1-877-412-7467.
Riccar offers many vacuums that work well for removing pet hair, but our favorite vacuum for homes with pets is the Retriever (model R30PET). Retriever features advanced Tandem Air technology, a granulated charcoal filter, a HEPA media bag, on-board tools, the Fur Get It fur remover tool and a one-pound sample of Dry Carpet Cleaner. The Radiance and Brilliance uprights are also great choices. If you prefer a canister, consider the Prima canister with the Premium Tandem Air nozzle, which comes with the Fur Get It pet hair remover.
Visit your local Riccar retailer for a demo and to discuss your home’s flooring, types of vacuums you’re comfortable using and other special needs, such as vacuum weight and allergies, before you decide.
No matter which vacuum you choose, here are a few other tips that will help you make the most of your pet pick-ups:
- Vacuum frequently.
- Change your vacuum bag regularly.
- Use and replace your machine's charcoal or granulated charcoal filters to help control pet odors.
- Check your brushroll regularly, and remove long hairs using a seam ripper or small scissors.
- Use tools with nylon bristles to lift and remove pet hair on upholstery, bedding and cars.
The Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) developed a scientific program to test and measure the effectiveness of vacuum cleaners. The goal of the Seal of Approval program is to help consumers make informed decisions and to encourage manufacturers like Simplicity to improve their products.
Vacuum cleaners are tested and evaluated on three tests: soil removal, dust containment and surface appearance change. The test evaluates a vacuum on it's ability to remove soil from carpet, and then to keep dirt and dust locked in the vacuum and not except into the air where it can be breathed in. Finally it evaluates surface appearance after 900 passes to ensure the vacuum won't damage your carpet. The cleaning program testing varies slightly different between household and commercial vacuums to adjust for the differences in typical carpet height (high pile in homes versus low pile in offices and stores).
Riccar vacuums that we've submitted for the Seal of Approval program are rated according to test results. Gold is the best test result, followed by Silver and Bronze. You'll notice if you research other vacuum brands on the CRI website that not all brands are represented, or not all vacuums qualify for a Seal of Approval.
Learn more about the Seal of Approval program on the Carpet-Rug.org website.